Urbean Cafe - Work Force Development
The Urbean Cafe work force development program provides hands-on, real-world work experience, and the life skills people need to succeed.
The unemployment rate for Ohio citizens transitioning from incarceration to community is a staggering 25-40% compared with the current rate of about 4.7% for the general population. The Urbean Cafe plays a vital role in addressing this challenge by creating a unique workforce development model that includes every aspect of work force readiness - training, hands-on experience and accountability - while supporting local Ohio vendors.
Located at The Robert K. Pfaff Metro Transit Center in Akron, Ohio, the Urbean Cafe supports local vendors and serves nearly 600 people each day. Travelers can choose from a diverse menu including our own locally roasted Urbean Cafe coffee.
Contributing to the Local Economy
Our award-winning Urbean Cafe work force development program is a successful social business venture that has contributed more than $2.75 million dollars to the local economy since 2011, celebrating its five-year anniversary on July 1, 2015.
The Urbean Cafe program is overseen by Broken Chains Ministry business manager, John Wiseman, and employs eight of our clients including cafe management staff.*
Since 2011 helped more than 50 people:
- Gain reliable employment
- Establish consistent income
- Establish and maintain credit
- Restore self worth and purpose
- Develop skills needed for other employment opportunities
- Time and business management skills
- Budget, money handling and accounting skills
- Customer service skills
- Conflict resolution and team building skills
- Organizational skills
Successful Clients Make a Difference Through:
- Payment of restitution, including fines, court costs and child support
- Contribution to federal, state and local income taxes
- Securing and maintaining housing
- Renewal of identification, drivers license, auto insurance and vehicle purchase
- Support of local grocers, retailers, utility services, insurance providers and more
*As of September 2017